Running Computer RS800
- Wrist-style heart rate monitor and stopwatch
- Optional S3 Stride Sensor
- Polar WearLink W.I.N.D. transmitter with 2.4 GHz disturbance-free transmission
- Includes Polar Protrainer 5 training, planning and analyzing software
- Dual time zone
- Alarm with snooze
- Water resistance to 50 meters
Designed for elite-level training, the Polar RS800 wrist heart rate monitor a complete system for planning, monitoring and analyzing your training. It includes the comfortable textile Polar WearLink W.I.N.D. transmitter with 2.4 GHz disturbance-free transmission from all other electronic devices. It comes with Polar's ProTrainer 5 software--the most advanced and dynamic training, planning and analyzing software on the market. Easily prepare a detailed training program and transfer your daily training plan to the RS800 via a wireless infrared connection. It also features a built-in altimeter for recording altitude and ascent for route profile and total meters climbed.
And when used in conjunction with the optionally available Polar S3 Stride Sensor, you'll receive highly consistent and accurate speed/pace, distance and cadence data via its nano technology. It incorporates Polar's W.I.N.D. technology, offers water resistance and a user replaceable battery, and is fully compatible with the Adidas AdiStar Fusion running shoe.
Heart rate monitoring includes maximum heart rate (fitness test-based and age-based), maximum/average of total exercise and of each lap (up to 99 laps), three target zones, and audible alarms. It also offers such timing features as time of day (12/24-hour display), dual time zone, day and date display, stopwatch, and alarm with snooze. It also includes the following exclusive Polar features:
- Polar Sport Zones: Polar sport zones provides an easy way to select and monitor the intensity of your training and to follow Polar's sport zones based training programs. The training is divided into five zones based on percentages of your maximum heart rate: very light (50-60%HRmax), light (60-70% HRmax), moderate (70-80%HRmax), hard (80-90% HRmax) and maximum (90-100% HRmax).
- Polar OwnCal: This feature shows your energy expenditure during one exercise session as well as your accumulated kilocalories during several exercise sessions. You can set daily and weekly exercise goals in terms of calorie expenditure with the OwnCal feature. Because the OwnCal tracks both the energy expenditure during one exercise session and the accumulated kilocalories during a longer time e.g. one week, it helps in achieving both short term and long term goals.
- Polar OwnZone: This feature guides you through an appropriate warm-up routine and automatically determines a safe and effective exercise heart rate zone--your OwnZone--while taking into account your current physical condition.
- R-R Intervals / Online HR Variability: Measures heart beat intervals and reflects autonomic nervous system in heartbeat regulation. The R-R interval measurement is most useful at rest and at low intensities. Relaxation rate indicates the state of your physical recovery.
The original purchaser of this heart rate monitor is backed by a limited warranty that states that this product that the product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase.
Polar heart rate monitors are precision instruments; consumers are not advised to change their own battery. Polar recommends that all service be done by an authorized Polar Service Center which will include a warranty for 90 days on repairs and 6 months for batteries.