Running Computer RS400SD
- Wrist-style heart rate monitor and stopwatch geared for active endurance athletes
- With included S1 footpad
- Large displays
- User-configurable exercise view
- Dual time zone
- Alarm with snooze
- Water resistance to 50 meters
- Includes Polar Protrainer 5 training, planning and analyzing software
Designed for the active endurance athlete who wants to improve his or her performance by planning, monitoring and analyzing training data, the Polar RS400sd wrist heart rate monitor helps you to easily and accurately measure your heart rate to help you get to just the right intensity or your exertion level. The RS400sd has one of the largest displays in the industry and a fully user-configurable exercise view with countless combinations. And it comes with Polar's ProTrainer 5 software--the most advanced and dynamic training, planning and analyzing software on the market. Easily prepare a detailed training program and transfer your daily training plan to the RS400sd via a wireless infrared connection.
With the included S1 foot pod, you'll be able to take advantage of the RS400sd's Speed and Distance functions, such as speed, distance and pace per kmph/mph, target pace (with alarms and differential), trip odometer, run distance, totals for mileage, calories and time training, and summaries for distance and speed/pace.
Heart rate monitoring includes maximum heart rate (fitness test-based and age-based), maximum/average of total exercise and of each lap (up to 99 laps), three target zones, and audible alarms. It also offers such timing features as time of day (12/24-hour display), dual time zone, day and date display, stopwatch, and alarm with snooze. It features an oversized display, easy to manipulate buttons while on the run, and a comfortable WearLink fabric transmitter. It also includes the following exclusive Polar features:
- Polar Sport Zones: Polar sport zones provides an easy way to select and monitor the intensity of your training and to follow Polar's sport zones based training programs. The training is divided into five zones based on percentages of your maximum heart rate: very light (50-60%HRmax), light (60-70% HRmax), moderate (70-80%HRmax), hard (80-90% HRmax) and maximum (90-100% HRmax).
- Polar OwnCal: This feature shows your energy expenditure during one exercise session as well as your accumulated kilocalories during several exercise sessions. You can set daily and weekly exercise goals in terms of calorie expenditure with the OwnCal feature. Because the OwnCal tracks both the energy expenditure during one exercise session and the accumulated kilocalories during a longer time e.g. one week, it helps in achieving both short term and long term goals.
- Polar OwnZone: This feature guides you through an appropriate warm-up routine and automatically determines a safe and effective exercise heart rate zone--your OwnZone--while taking into account your current physical condition.
The original purchaser of this heart rate monitor is backed by a limited warranty that states that this product that the product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase.
Polar heart rate monitors are precision instruments; consumers are not advised to change their own battery. Polar recommends that all service be done by an authorized Polar Service Center which will include a warranty for 90 days on repairs and 6 months for batteries.